Where Arts meet Community in Readsboro
Since our first ArtsMeet in 2009, Readsboro Arts have presented more than 70 ArtsMeet programs. The popular events are always well attended by Readsboro residents, ranging in age from 15 to 80.
ArtsMeets bring art to the community (and vice versa) in two engaging ways:
- Studio visits. Get to know the artists and craftspeople who live and work in our community, and see first-hand the process involved in creating a work of art. You may be surprised at how much creative talent is right here in our midst. Readsboro artists love to have visitors to their studios!
- Arts and crafts workshops. Take a lesson in a creative art under the guidance of one of our local experts. Open to artists and non-artists alike, these hands-on workshops give you the opportunity to discover the artist within.
Past workshops have included rug hooking, watercolor, glass painting, sandblasting and pressed flowers. And we’ve recently expanded our offerings to include literary, horticultural and culinary arts, plus trips to nearby cultural events.
Discover for yourself why ArtsMeets are Readsboro Arts’ signature events.
This year’s ArtsMeets
September Pressed Flowers with Ellie Roden
October Rug Hooking with Cherie Giddings
November Watercolor with Jane Jones
- January Connecting with Small Children Through Songs with Mandy Comai
- March Sand Blasting Glass with Bill LeQuier and Mary Angus
- April Bread Making with David Giddings
- April Glass Cutting with Debora Coombs
- May Fabric with Norma Abel